74.1 F
Burlington
Sunday, July 3, 2022

House fire in Alburgh

ALBURGH — A fire broke out in Alburgh yesterday.

Firefighters were dispatched to Alburgh Springs Road at around 2:50 p.m. after heavy smoke and fire were seen coming from the east side of the residence.

The fire extended from the first floor to the second floor and roof.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire with the assistance of fire departments from Isle LaMotte, and Swanton.

Investigators determined that the fire began in the northeast corner of the first floor where an oil heater was plugged into an electrical outlet in the wall.

They say the electrical outlet failed and ignited other nearby combustible materials.

The cause of the fire is considered to be accidental in nature.

The residence was not occupied at the time of the fire, and there were no reported injuries.

Damage to the residence is estimated to be more than $75,000.

Latest news
Related news

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here