NEWPORT — The Newport Fall Foliage Festival is holding a scarecrow contest this year. The contest is expected to add a lot of fun to this year’s festivities. Families and businesses will make scarecrows and place them outside their homes, businesses, and along Newport’s Main Street.
1. Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
2. No Scarecrow kits allowed.
3. Scarecrows must be self supporting and no taller than 7 feet once installed.
4. Submission is free.
5. Entries should be in good taste. No religious or political messages. No blood or gore, as this is a family event.
6. Scarecrows must be displayed in front of a business or photo of scarecrow at your home.
7. Fill out the Official Scarecrow Contest Entry form by clicking here.
Judging will take place on Saturday, September 20, at 1 p.m. The winners will be announced on Monday.
Both Businesses and Families should pre-register to make sure their scarecrows are judged.