53.4 F
Burlington
Monday, November 28, 2022

Fire damages camper, home in Lowell

LOWELL — Police say a fire in Lowell on Saturday was caused by wood stove ashes.

A recreational camper parked on Tanekee Road caught fire at around 10:00 a.m.

Police say the fire had extended to the house and was spreading into the attic when firefighters arrived.

Fire investigators arrived and conducted a scene examination on Monday.

They say the camper was being used to store tools and agricultural supplies, and one of the residents had removed ashes from the wood stove on Thursday and placed them outside of the house in a metal bucket.

The ashes were then dumped into a bin used for composting materials within the camper on Saturday morning.

The fire is believed to have started when the embers from the ash bin ignited the plastic bin.

The camper and its contents were completely destroyed in the fire.

The house sustained significant fire and water damage.

The cause of the fire is classified as accidental in nature, and nobody was injured during the incident.

Damage to the property is estimated to be in excess of $50,000.

Latest news
Related news

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here