ADDISON COUNTY HERIFF IMAGE
- Conducted Patrols in 8 towns. Traffic stops were conducted for motor vehicle violations with warnings and/ or tickets issued.
- Community Outreach – Middlebury – Provided space for a supervised visit for Women Safe.
- Conducted Patrols in 9 towns. Traffic stops were conducted for motor vehicle violations with warnings and/ or tickets issued.
- Tuesday is our fingerprinting day! If you need your fingerprints taken for any purpose, please call our office at (802) 388-2981 for further details and to schedule an appointment.
- Medical Assist – Shoreham – Assisted rescue with an individual who was found unresponsive. The individual became conscious and was transported to the hospital.
- Criminal DLS – Orwell – A resident of Benson was stopped for speeding and it was discovered that their driver’s license was under criminal suspension for a prior DUI. The deputy issued a citation to the operator and they were released to an individual with a valid driver’s license.
- VIN Verification – Middlebury – Provided a VIN verification for a resident. We provide this service for free to any Addison County resident, so please call us to have a deputy come by if you need this done.
- Conducted Patrols in 7 towns. Traffic stops were conducted for motor vehicle violations with warnings and/ or tickets issued.
- Mental Health Issue – Middlebury – An individual had come into the Sheriff’s Department looking for help resolving an issue they were having. During the conversation, the subject became agitated and stated that they were going to jump into traffic to try to kill themself and left the building and began running in traffic on Court St. They eventually sat down in the roadway in front of several vehicles. The Sheriff and a deputy were able to remove them from traffic and placed them in restraints for their safety as they continued to try to jump back into traffic. While the individual was being prepared for transport to the hospital, they kicked out a window in the cruiser they were placed. The person was restrained further and transported to the hospital for evaluation and treatment.
- Public Assist – New Haven – A couple getting married had expressed concern over an individual who had stated that they were going to come to the wedding and disrupt the ceremony. The couple wanted police present as they were not sure how disruptive the person was going to be. Deputies remained at the wedding location until the ceremony finished. There was no incident and we wish the couple all the best as they start their married life together.
- Animal Problem – Starksboro – A deputy came upon 2 loose cows running down the road on Big Hollow Rd. After finding the owner, the deputy assisted them in capturing the cows and returning them safely home. An off-duty Hinesburg Police Officer also assisted.
- Conducted Patrols in 6 towns. Traffic stops were conducted for motor vehicle violations with warnings and/ or tickets issued.
MONDAY – THURSDAY
- Provided security at the Mahady Courthouse in Middlebury. This includes screening visitors as they enter the Courthouse and security in the Courtroom during hearings.