ORLEANS — One person was injured after a fire broke out at the Ethan Allen Mill in Orleans on Wednesday.
Emergency workers were notified of the incident at around 4:30 p.m.
Orleans Fire Chief E.J. Rowell told a reporter from WCAX that when firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from a 55-gallon drum.
A worker at the mill was transported to the hospital to be treated for burns to the head and face, as well as smoke inhalation injuries.
Rowell also told reporters that dust inside the drum was probably ignited by static electricity.
The Irasburg Fire Department assisted at the scene, and the fire was quickly extinguished.
There is no update at this time as to the condition of the worker who was injured.Are you on Instagram? Cool. So are we. CLICK HERE to follow us for a behind the scenes look at Newport Dispatch.