Suspect charged with stabbing Barton man in the head with a pen

in Barton/News

NEWPORT — On Wednesday, a 36-year-old man who was staying in Barton was ordered held without bail after pleading not-guilty to first degree aggravated domestic assault and three counts of violating conditions of release.

Greg Willis was in court to face the charges after being accused of attacking Eli Farrington, 41, of Barton, at his home located at 79 Porter Lane, in Barton, on Tuesday morning.

According to an affidavit filed by police, the two were arguing at the time about Willis’s wife, Kimberly Willis, the 34-year-old woman who was found dead two weeks ago in Albany.

The affidavit goes on to say that Farrington told police that Willis had attacked him with a pen, catching him in the head and face several times.

Police say that when they arrived on the scene of the altercation at around 12:50 a.m., they found blood inside Farrington’s home, as well as a broken pen. Farrington was also bleeding in several spots, including his chin, eyebrow, and near his ear.

Willis fled after the incident and could not be located when police arrived, but showed up at the State Police Barracks in St. Johnsbury later in the day. He was taken into custody for the assault and violation of conditions of release charges.

He told police that the assault was an accident, and that he was just trying to get Farrington to stop talking about his wife.

Willis was charged in December 2014 with assaulting his wife Kimberly Willis, a charge he pleaded not guilty to as well. That case remains open, and back in early May he had been released on conditions into the custody of Farrington.

Kimberly Willis’s death is still being investigated, but police have not named Greg Willis as a suspect in that case. Police are still waiting for the results of a toxicology test to come back before they can determine the cause of her death.

Are you on Instagram? Cool. So are we. CLICK HERE to follow us for a behind the scenes look at Newport Dispatch.
newport rental